Florida Home Inspector Exam
Florida Home Inspector Exam (The FABI Exam)
GROUP TEST DATES:
- Sunday, March 15 in Kissimmee (Pre-registration required)
- Friday, April 24 in Hialeah. To register, use on of the following links: Affiliate School Attendee / Non Affiliate School Attendee
- Sunday, June 21 in Safety Harbor (Pre-registration required)
- Sunday, September 20 in Coral Springs (Pre-registration required)
- Sunday, December 6 in Daytona Beach Shores (Pre-registration required)
The Department of Business and Professional Regulations accepts the Florida Home Inspector Exam (FHIE or the FABI Exam) for applicants seeking a home inspector license.
The Florida Home Inspector Exam (FABI Exam) is offered at the Orlando office of Classe Management. The test is administered by appointment on Fridays at 9 AM.
You are given 2 ½ hours to complete the exam. The exam is 100 questions, multiple choice, and covers the following areas:
1. FABI Standards, Reports, Inspecting a House
3. Structure, Interiors, Exteriors, Insect Damage
4. Plumbing and Gas
7. Appliances, Pools, Sprinklers
The Florida Home Inspector Exam is based on the book “Real Estate Home Inspection: Mastering the Profession” (5th Edition) by Russell Burgess. You may purchase this book NEW on the FABI website or in the FABI Office for $55 (plus sales tax and postage if applicable). If purchasing from other suppliers BE SURE YOU ARE PURCHASING THE 5TH EDITION (brown colored cover).
The best way to study for the FHIE is to read through the book and take the end of chapter reviews. When you are confident in answering the review questions, you can then schedule your exam.
The cost to sit for the exam is $200 for non FABI members and $100 for Associate Inspectors and students of Affiliate Member Schools.
Classe Management is located at:
3751 Maguire Boulevard, Suite 260
Orlando, Florida 32803
When you are ready to sit for the exam, please email or call the FABI Office to set up an appointment. We welcome any questions you may have.